Nothing is better for a hangover than Guinness apart from Guinness with Guinness Pie! It has an absolutely delicious thick gravy where instead of stock Guinness is used to form this amazing taste.
And it is not complicated………
now we are going to cook the most delicious pie with Guinness
all we need:
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 Large onion, cut into small pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
500 grams of (stew) beef, cut into mouthful sized pieces
A handful of flour
2 tablespoons of thyme fresh or dried, stems removed
1 can of Guinness – don’t drink it….you need it for cooking!
Salt & Pepper
300g of Puff Pastry – click here for our pastry recipe
and steps for cooking:
- Cook the onions and garlic in the oil until soft, and the beef pieces and cook until brown (for 7 to 10 minutes)
- Add the and stir until the beef prices are coated and stir in the mushrooms
- Pour in the Guinness and add the thyme and cook for 1.5 to 2 hours until really tender.
- Add salter and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade, and add the mixture to an oven dish
- Roll the pastry to a thin layer and cover the oven dish
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the pastry is brown and crispy
After 30 minutes your food is ready to serve !
Enjoy your meal !